Ответ: DSM: An alternative teacher at a traditional school

Anna Babina (annababina@yandex.ru)
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:42:46 +0300

Hello, Angela!

About Tubelsky school. As Dawn said it's impossible to create and SVS when
you have a strong curriculum. It's right. Next, the school depends on State
money. Actually, it's a strange hybrid: state funds and assesment and
democratic conversations. I didn't give up School of S-D, but now, as you
know, I have a 10month old son and can't work full-time. They wanted me to
be at school 5 days a week. I refused. I'll think of the future work there
when my son is older.
Then I had a strong conflict with the administration when it seemed to me
that our proclamations differ from actions. May be I was wrong, but to my
mind in our life there was too much beautiful theory and too little
successful practice.
Also Alexandre keeps school on his strong personality. He failed to create a
team of people devoted to the democratic ideal and working mechanismes. If
he leaves the school will become traditional in some days.
It's my personal attitude. I don't say I'm absolutely right. All this is
painful for me.

About school system in Russia I wrote to Joe