Re: DSM: Encouragement

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:30:51 -0800

For me "encouragement" represents a misplaced perspective. When adults have
an oportunity to participate in a water fight, I think it is that misplaced
perspective that gets in the way to stop them. Same for running around with
the dog, staying up till 2 AM in sleeping bags watching the stars, posing a
conversation between dolls, exploring with a magnifying glass. When children
are encouraged to learn this may be different than participating in their
learning process with heart and personal excitement.

Is my point clear? I hesitate to get on my soapbox to consider the weird
psychology that passes as maturity.

robert