DSM: Re: Re: How to properly guide?-Thank you

CindyK (cindyk@unitz.on.ca)
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:44:15 -0500

Thank you all for your wonderful words. I know in my heart that you are right. Katie will learn it all just fine. One of you mentioned that your child reminds you that when he needs to learn something, he will. That is something I keep forgeting. I still have to overcome the basic thought that they need to learn these things now just in case they need it - like they'll never be able to learn it when they need to. Like they need to fill up a bank of knowledge of useless facts - just in case.

I know it takes a great amount of trust to let our children be responsible for their lives. I want to start a school and I know this experience will come in handy when I have to talk to other parents about letting go. I also realize that this experience will repeat itself.

For now, I will just enjoy Katie's writing. I too love the letters all over the page. My favourite is one that's on the wall now. She started in the middle and wrote each letter in a different colour covering the entire page. It is a true piece of art. I will marvel at what she can now do and trust that she will learn more as the need arises.

Thank you. I can now enjoy it without worry.
CindyK