Re: DSM: Re: How to properly guide?

sara woodall (swoodall@bluecrab.org)
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:21:41 -0500

My youngest has continually guided me. When he was really little, and I
was in the midst of some long explanation or description, he would
simply put his fingers in his ears when he had enough information.
Similarly, as he got older and I would have moments of panic about
something he had not yet studied (e.g., algebra), he would patiently
explain to me that when he needed to learn something--when he had a
reason to--he would learn it. Time after time it has happened in
exactly that way.

Sara