Re: DSM:

Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:05:13 EST

In a message dated 12/7/00 1:31:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sadofsky@mediaone.net writes:

> > "family-feel" to it, not an "institutional feel". Most of the folks I
know
> interested
> > in our idea don't want to send their kids anywhere; they want to stay
> involved in
> > their child's education as much as possible.

Allan,
Do as you will, but parents being envoled "as much as possible" is not an
ideal situation in the Sudbury model. There are ways in which to be involved,
such as the assembly, talkabouts, etc... I became too involved with my son's
experience at Fairhaven. He suffered for it. I even have difficulty with
parents of attending children as staff.

Letting go is part of the model.
Kathleen