DSM: More Brain trivia

Dawn F. Harkness (dawn@harkness.net)
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:35:05 -0500

My contribution to the brain conversation - The AP published the following
story today:

"Men Unlike Women Use Only Half Their Brain When Listening.

Score one for exasperated women. New research suggests that men really do
only listen with half their brains.

In a study of 10 men and 10 women brain scans showed that men when listening
mostly used the left side of their brains, the side most often associated
with understanding language. Women, however, used both sides.of their
brain."

And if you want to see the rest of the story see:
http://www.boston.com/news/daily/28/brain_study.htm

Now ain't that something to ruminate on.

I wonder what they would find if they did brain scans on 10 SVM kids vs, 10
traditional school Kids? Any volunteers for science?

Dawn