Re: DSM: A Few Questions from a Newish Mom [Heather McDougal <heatherdoodle@yahoo.com>]

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:32:04 -0800

Heather, sounds like you had plenty of adults around as a kid to mentor you,
but few made any meaningful contact. Silence is a terrifying mentor.
Instinctively we know the information to excel at life is out there, but
when no one connects it to our hearts all is lost. Nor is one's voice heard.
Self seems to disappear into a crack. Joy flies the coop.

The intellects get their job, and their pay, and buy their things, and say
they're in control and happy. No child believes this, really. They accept it
because what else do we offer? Few are those adults who remember how to
laugh and to cry from their hearts, from sincerity. They still know
something of the connections that would make life magical, fearless.

So, isn't it magical, fearless mentors children yearn for, someone to touch
their hearts and show them the way to swim in a universe of possibility?
Would not SVS be raptured by such people sharing an open heart, playfully,
creatively, fearlessly? Is this what you were implying, Heather?

robert