DSM: RE: State Regulation of Private Schools

Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:53:32 -0500

Dannis,

Where could I find that book? I searched Amazon.

-JJ

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
[mailto:owner-discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org]On Behalf Of Dennis
Shaughnessy
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 4:32 PM
To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
Subject: DSM: State Regulation of Private Schools

Granny Pitt shared the valuable State Regulation of
Private Schools web site .
http://www.ed.gov/pubs/RegPrivSchl/
Under New Mexico, Santa Fe Community School's 1974
successful resistance against state "supervision, control or
management" of private schools is cited. The school
argued the state interference was in violation of the U.S.
Constitution and New Mexico Constitution and Bill of
Rights - freedom of expression, assembly, association,
religion, occupation and child rearing. The book Cheez!
Uncle Sam by Ed Nagel describes the struggle. As
Daniel Greenberg expressed in another context -
get a good lawyer.

Dennis