Don Yates (dyates@yatesassociates.com)
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:28:02 -0800

Dee Hock coined this word by joining "chaos" and "order". It comes from
complexity theory that says the area of greatest change and transformation
happens at the edge between chaos and order. Dee founded the Chaordic
Alliance to carry forward his ideas about building chaordic organizations.
You can check it out at their web site at

www.chaordic.org

You can also get his books directly from the publisher Berrett-Koehler [I
urge you to do so in order to help keep this excellent publisher going well
in the face of the onslaught of such places as Amazon] at:

www.bkconnection.com

Don Yates