Rick Stansberger (rickstan@zianet.com)
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:39:19 -0700

Joe Jackson wrote:

> Rick, a "win people over" attitude is not a great way for you to go into
> this.
>
> The type of people that will make good families are the ones that you could
> not keep away with a stick. The type of families that won't last (and will
> therefore likely be a net drag on the success of the school as a whole) are
> the ones that maybe you tried to convince a little bit. Therefore the tried
> and true PR model is to work on getting the name out there and educate
> takers on what the model is, but don't ever try to talk someone into it -
> you will likely regret it.

You don't find borderline people who could become sudburians with a little
patience and care? Or people who could be kept in the model with the same? It
really is a yes-no kind of thing? If so, what do you think it is that made the
yesses yesses? Were they born that way? Did something happen in childhood? If
so, there ought to be a demographic profile for these kinds of folks, but I've
read (_Starting a Sudbury School_) that there isn't a way to predict what places
will support sudschools.

Rick