Sugmapl@aol.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:19:32 EST

Robert,

Thank you for your understanding.

I do believe that the offering of a profound respect and regard comes from
the heart. And I am such a minimalist, I believe that is all we can or have
to do. I believe that we can pour all our "intuition, cooperation,
communication, integrity, adventure, creativity and joy, lots of joy" into
that offering. I believe we can make a lifes' work of that offering. We can
sculpt and deepen and extend that offering to the child, to the parent, to
the staff, to ourselves. There is such deep beauty and joy in the offering
because it is something we can do, it is immenently possible. And in this
offering is the great boundary. For if we offer freedom and respect and
regard and allowance and acceptance and trust, then we are done. What others
make of this, will be, in my favorite phrase: "any damn thing they want".

Bill Richardson