Sugmapl@aol.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:52:59 EST

In a message dated 11/19/00 7:17:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dawn@harkness.net writes:

<<
 That's a tough question to fully answer in this forum, since I have firm
 views on the appropriateness of sharing too much personal information in
 internet discussion groups. Call me crazy but, I also detect a note of
 sarcasm which makes me wonder whether I even want to take the time to answer
 your question. So, if you sincerely want to know how I make my contribution
 to the SVM revolution, you tell me what yours is first (if you think it is
 nothing at all, explain what brought you to this discussion group) and maybe
 then I'll take the time to tell you a bit more about myself.

 Dawn

Dawn,

I sincerely want to know. You have some pretty strong opinions. However, I
don't play those, "You show me yours and I'll show you mine" games. I gave
that up in the third grade. I simply want to know. Share it or not. It's
your choice.

I was brought into the discussion by an instructor who has introduced me to
the SVS model. She walked by me area one day, saw me doing artwork and
showed an interest in it. I showed her my portfolio. She said, "What are
you doing here." "You could be in a place that would allow you to do this
all day if you wanted." She then gave me a Fairhaven School brochure and
brochures from other SVS schools. I showed it to my parents and they thought
it was weird and expensive. I don't agree with them, but they hold all the
cards right now, as I'm only fourteen.
I admit, I have nothing to contribute to the model but my interest. The real
contributor is the "public school employee" (I believe you called her the
enemy.) whom you slammed mercilessly in one of your posts.

Just another public school student,
Steph