Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:30:28 EST

In a message dated 11/20/00 1:30:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
isamom@mindspring.com writes:

<<
 I'm sorry, I guess I'm sensitive to the constant criticism of parents not
 "getting it", when I can't find one consistent, agreed-upon philosophy from
 the experts. However, I will keep listening. Peace out.
 Reeny

Reeny,
I think I get your point. By now, I'v given up the defensive mode. It's very
tiring. It did me little good. Believe me, I tried it for all it was worth!
After attending assembly meetings, school meetings, talkabouts, and listening
to the many different opinions about the model on this site, I think I
understand your frustration. At most of these events, there are as many
different opinions as there are people in attendance! I swear, sometimes we
couldn't agree on the color black!
I try to keep it simple for my own sanity. The model is about the respect
and freedom of children, in that we believe they have their best interests at
heart. We simply trust them that aren't going to jump into the pond because
someone isn't watching or destroy their lives because we aren't there to tell
them what to do all the time. As a parent, it's the most difficult thing
I've tried. And, I'm still working on it!
If you'd like to hear of more of my experience with the model, I'd be
thrilled to discuss them with you. Email me directly. Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Kathleen