Marko Koskinen (marko@vapaus.net)
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:45:35 +0200

> Well, since you asked, aside from the glaring evidence (to me) that the list
> is formulated to characterize parents seeking better educational
> opportunities for their children as dumb, it's also pieced together in a
> mean spirited way. Maybe that's Mimsy's style, personally, I tend to go for
> the flippant, sarcastic, cheap shots. The list seemed general, vague and not
> attributed to anyone or with any evidence to support its criticisms.
> Regardless, I think you can catch more flies with honey then vinegar, at
> least where the parents are concerned.

I guess the point here is that if parents come to SVM because of the
honey, they will be in a helluva situation. If they cannot see that it
is really the vinagar they are getting in the first place, they are
probably making a wrong decision.

Of course for some parents it really is the honey, but I would believe
that for many many parnents it's really a hard journey. Some are able to
make it, but some are not...

Marko