Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:34:01 -0800

I look inside to infer what this difference of respect might mean to youth.
It seems very powerful. Really quite an opening. I am jealous.

I imagine a counselor saying from his heart, "I respect you, I allow you, I
observe you for who you really are". I don't think this is fantasy. I
practice it but not often. Joseph Pearce indicated that studies show that
children see through adult's facade to their true intent, and that is what
they respond to. At SVS, what do you suppose is the intent of fellow
students, what are they saying at heart?

robert

PS, Bill, I want to say that I react to the apology you sign your name
with... not sure what you intended. In it perhaps I see my own
defensiveness.