Re: DSM:

Marko Koskinen (marko@vapaus.net)
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:04:00 +0200

I guess I can answer only to the third guestion...

The problems I see are these: 20-30 kids is very few. Kids want to be
most of their time with kids they can relate to and that usually means
kids at similar age. If you have 20-30 kids of age varying from 4 to 19,
you're not having too many kids at same age, and that will bug the
kids...

Another problem is that you're the only adult, at least the only one
who's there all the time. What happens when you get sick or get bored or
become disabled to do the job?

I think you will need a lot of support at the beginning, because there's
gonna be alot of problems related to the much discussed topic of getting
used to the freedom at school - the culture shock.

Hmm... Well, those are the problems that came to my mind at first. The
good thing is that it will probably be better than any other
alternative, so go ahead and do it, but if you can make it a bigger
school or learning center, do it... just an advice... =)

Marko Koskinen
Finland