Re: DSM:

Allan Saugstad (asaugstad@vsb.bc.ca)
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:01:07 -0800

For those of you that can, I would sincerely appreciate some guidance from you
on opening a SVM school. If this is not the right forum for this perhaps direct
e-mail with some of you might be preferable.

My plan is to build and open a very small school on a beautiful island just
outside of Vancouver. I know many parents, myself included, who are looking for
this kind of learning center. I would get 50% funding as an independent school,
build it to code, and invite about 20-30 kids to start. I would be the only
"real" staff member, but parents would be expected to chip in, help out, and be
around on a regular basis.

Here are a few questions I have:

1. Can you direct me to any reading I can do to help me with opening a school
like this?
2. Do you know of any possible ways to get some funding (ha ha, you may say)?
3. What do you think of this whole idea?

Sincerely,

Allan