Rick Stansberger (rickstan@zianet.com)
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:03:57 -0700

Kristin Harkness wrote:

> For a child to be happy at a Sudbury model school, the parents have to be
> comfortable. They will have to arrive at that comfort level themselves.
> You can give them information, but they have to take it to heart.

 Kristen,

I don't imagine that most people completely accept the whole SVM model all at
once -- or if they do, I bet that most of them have at least one really bad
moment when the model actually starts to run and something happens that they
didn't expect. Do any SVM schools have ongoing support groups to help the
parents get over their objections?

Rick

--
"Weirdness abounds and shatters our illusion of order.  Heh-heh.  All the
dust is being blown out from under the carpet. Wonderful stuff!"

Wanda Hamilton-Quinn