Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:54:08 -0800

I remember going to a buffet restaurant with a friend and his daughter. The
six year old daughter thought it was cool to start a karate fight standing
at the buffet. I had only a moments hesitation setting my sense of shame
and correctness aside. I chose joy. We had a thirty second fight. We didn't
smash the place, but I bet many egos were upset. Nobody said anything, at
least not at the time. What a memory - great fun. What's that quote...
whether tis better to have loved and lost..? Any way, it wasn't a question
of what SHOULD be, it was whether or not I wanted to be HAPPY.

My point is this, what we relate to as self can either be based in
egocentric fear/hate or based in intelligence-expanding joy.

robert