Re: DSM: Sharing the SVS model

Rick Stansberger (rickstan@zianet.com)
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:43:49 -0700

This was probably 10 years ago, and maybe the details have changed. Channel
One by Whittle Communications is aimed at students. Whittle provides free
TVs to the schools and in return kids are required to sit at watch TV for 15
minutes a day. The main program is news with a teen slant, but the payoff is
commercials targeted directly toward teens. Some poeple don't see anything
wrong with using the power schools have over kids to make them into captive
audiences for commercials. My adminsitration loved it.

Rick

--
"Weirdness abounds and shatters our illusion of order.  Heh-heh.  All the
dust is being blown out from under the carpet. Wonderful stuff!"

Wanda Hamilton-Quinn