Re: DSM: intellect

Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:36:22 -0800

Interesting discussion (see below). "Heart" and "intellect" are not really
separate topics except as intellect relegates them to confuse the issue. The
question of intelligence is one of integrity. The body must function with
the environment. Emotions must produce di sire to coordinate function for
survival. Intellect must discern options objectively that the better option
is available. Intuition allows automatic decisions so that mental energy can
focus on creativity. Thus, when integrated, this system functions easily,
for survival first, and for creativity second, a beautifully higher brain
trait of humanity.

Focus of thought to intellect is certainly a control measure. it takes
control apart from conscious connection with the
environment-emotions-survival-creativity. As an intellectual society, nature
disintegrates. Natural intelligence is lost. Substituted is this endless
if-then statement for what SHOULD be. Alas, intellect thought has not
changed the nature of the universe.

How to exit the world of intellect? Joseph Pearce discovered a model with an
open heart. Another method? Speak honestly from an emotional basis until
nature is rediscovered. Self is found not as controlling thought as SHOULDS,
but as feeling-intuition-environment-intellect-creativity, all from a base
of joy, adventure and connectedness.

Note that there is a packet of brian cells in the heart, and there are more
brain cells in the abdomen than in the spinal cord according to a recent
news announcement, conjectured to be intuition.

And where is the experience of Holy Guidance? I bet it follows after mental
focus has turned to creativity.

By the way, freedom, as an idea, disappears as we escape from the box of
intellect and SHOULDS. If I don't contain my thoughts, who can? Physically,
we are either challenged or are at ease. It is not a matter of "freedom".

robert