Rick Stansberger (rickstan@zianet.com)
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:02:28 -0700

Joe Jackson wrote:

> Public funding (read control) is precisely what begs the question of whether
> a public SMS would work in most states.
>
> Come on, Rick, public funding always profoundly alters innovative
> educational ideas; in its current state, American Montessori schooling is
> completely different from its original envisionment solely as a result of
> assimilation into the educational mainstream culture.
>
> Joe Jackson in Southampton, NY

I said it was possible to have a publicly funded sudschool, just not likely. I
understand that Boorubin in Australia is publicly funded. So is Blue Mountain
in Oregon.

Rick

--
"Weirdness abounds and shatters our illusion of order.  Heh-heh.  All the
dust is being blown out from under the carpet. Wonderful stuff!"

Wanda Hamilton-Quinn