Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:15:24 -0800

on 11/11/00 12:55 PM, Rick Stansberger at rickstan@zianet.com wrote:

> Robert Swanson wrote:
>
>> Absolutely (see Bruce's statement below), Sudbury is such a different
>> paradigm that this round peg won't fit into the square hole of public or
>> institutional education.
>
> I respectfully disagree. The only thing that makes public education public
> education is its source of funding: the public pays for it through taxes.

Yes Rick, I agree. My comment arises from statements made by Daniel
Greenberg and others that the politics and money flow in public education
make any inroads highly unlikely at this time, at least in any gross form.
Shaping student behaviors gradually into the SVS model may be easy in many
public schools. robert