Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:02:25 EST

In a message dated 11/12/00 11:11:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
josroach@yahoo.com writes:

> Democratic school is causing a social revolution, but
> at an even more basic level than at schools -- in
> families.

Joseph,

Amen to this. The biggest influence in my life was my family. Since I
didn't take school seriously at all, it didn't influence me much. The nuns
used to hate that I rarely listened to them. But I was raised in a somewhat
traditional Hispanic family, where my father was the boss, and my mother the
second place matriarch. They enrolled us in private school and then public
for the last 4 years. Most of the dysfunction I've experienced in my life
has/had to do with my family life. And the most diffictult thing I deal with
now, is allowing my son respect, through freedom.
Kathleen