Rick Stansberger (rickstan@zianet.com)
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:53:33 -0700

reimagne@tmbg.org wrote:

> I used to think there was something wrong with me because I didn't want to sit in a classroom and "learn" (i.e. memorize) the things people told me I was required to know. Other students seem to be content with the curriculum, and the idea of "curriculum."
>
> It's really pretty depressing!
>
> That's all for now.
>
> ~Evelyn

That's the real damage school does to people, Evelyn, and it's serious. It makes us feel that there's something wrong with us because we aren't "with the program," as a coach I know used to say. As a teacher I spent a lot of my time telling kids and parents that not fitting in with the system could very well mean that the system was messed up. Hang in there. Never let your schooling interfere with your education.

Rick

--
"Weirdness abounds and shatters our illusion of order.  Heh-heh.  All the
dust is being blown out from under the carpet. Wonderful stuff!"

Wanda Hamilton-Quinn