Bruce Smith (bsmith@coin.org)
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:06:56 -0700

>The basic point that you and others on this list are making is that parents
>should be willing to draw on a variety of resources to creatively find a way
>to come up with the funds to pay for a Sudbury school if they really want
>their kids to go there...You can write these parents off as lazy and
>selfish if
>you want, but you would be wrong about them.

Well, I'm certainly not writing off anyone as lazy. I, for my part, merely
wished to dispel the assumption that most or all Sudbury families have a
wonderful "cushion" of privilege, which is every bit as false as the
assumption you attribute to others here. I no more intend to elevate
creativity and sacrifice than I do to denigrate the inability/unwillingness
of those who can't/choose not to pursue this option for their children.

Bruce