Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:37:17 EST

In a message dated 11/10/00 9:50:56 AM Mountain Standard Time,
kristin@harkness.net writes:

<< Your class
 may be a more pleasant class to be forced to attend than some other class,
 but that does not make it a microcosm of the Sudbury model. >>

Not once have I said that my classrom was a "microcosm" of the Sudbury model.
It couldn't be further away from the model. I merely give the people I'm
with during the day respect and freedom. That is the Sudbury Model. I've
heard a lot of fancy words and phrases. Who understands the model, who
doesn't? But for myself, the bottom line is always this: Sudbury is not
about education, it's about the freedom of children. Is it that difficult to
understand that there are people out here who respect children who don't work
in a Sudbury school? If we left respecting children to such a minority, that
would be tragic. Respecting children is my job as a person, not an educator.
In fact, it's everyon's job.
Kathleen