reimagne@tmbg.org
10 Nov 2000 03:11:19 -0500

> I've seen damaged and then I've seen "damaged". I went to a private Catholic
> school.
> It's a good thing I don't know where those nuns live today. I'd probably
> slash their tires...

A nice introduction!

I thought instead of just jumping in, I'd give a few words as to who I am and stuff like that.

My name is Evelyn. I am a 17-year-old senior at Mount Saint Joseph Academy, in southeast Pennsylvania. That's a private (run by the Sisters of Saint Joseph), all-girls high school. I've sort of always hated it, but thought it was my only alternative to the local public high school, which my older sister had (just barely) graduated from. She hated it there, so I assumed that it was some sort of horrible death trap or something. I realise now that neither of the two is worse. My (aforementioned) sister showed me the sudval.org website a few days ago. Both of us were in tears from the realisation of what we could have had.

In school, one of my favourite things to learn about is biology. I'm in honours biology and failing miserably. My other favourite subject is French, which I have an A in. I used to think there was something wrong with me because I didn't want to sit in a classroom and "learn" (i.e. memorize) the things people told me I was required to know. Other students seem to be content with the curriculum, and the idea of "curriculum."

It's really pretty depressing!

That's all for now.

~Evelyn