Re: DSM: Sharing the SVS model

Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 01:58:06 EST

In a message dated 11/9/00 9:55:58 PM Mountain Standard Time, bsmith@coin.org
writes:

<< And gosh, what a shame it is that we did away with that system! Why ever
 did we have to fight a war over it, anyway? I'm sure it could have been
 _reformed_ if we'd just put enough time and resources into making things
 better...

Bruce,
The Civil war was mainly Lincon's way of keeping the Union in tact.
The slavery travesty was brought in later. But, I get your point.
 Fighting a war over slavery was necessary. Reform was not an option.
Having a war and deciding for everyone that they cannot go to the schools of
their choice is also not an option.
Kathleen