Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 01:23:23 EST

In a message dated 11/9/00 7:09:33 PM Mountain Standard Time, bsmith@coin.org
writes:

<<
 In closing, I have a question for Kathleen (and any others who choose to
 field it): If you truly despise the system, why do you stay? Are the
 numbers of students you help really worth the damage done to every one of
 them?

Bruce,
I've visited this before. Once before, someone told me I couldn't possibly
trust most of the people in a Sudbury Model school if I didn't trust all of
the staff. My response was that, "most of the people at the school are
students. I trust them."

I despise the system, not the children. They are two seperate things.
I never said I helped any of them. I merely lrespect them. I happen to think
that is of value. I don't quantify it or analyze it. I just do it, and not
just at school.
And in my wildest fantasies, I would never assume that every one of them is
damaged. Likewise, I would not assume that all children in Sudbury model
schools are "undamaged".
Kathleen