Re: DSM: Sharing the SVS model

Bruce Smith (bsmith@coin.org)
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:55:54 -0700

<<6. Basically, was there not both kindness and goodness, among slaves, even
in the plantation system?>>

And gosh, what a shame it is that we did away with that system! Why ever
did we have to fight a war over it, anyway? I'm sure it could have been
_reformed_ if we'd just put enough time and resources into making things
better...

Bruce

"Education is identical with helping the child realize his potentialities.
The opposite of education is manipulation, which is based on the absence of
faith in the growth of potentialities, and on the conviction that a child
will be right only if the adults put into him what is desirable and
suppress what seems to be undesirable. There is no need of faith in the
robot, since there is no life in it either."

                           Erich Fromm, _The Art of Loving_