Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:21:29 EST

In a message dated 11/9/00 1:15:59 PM Mountain Standard Time, bday@cs.umb.edu
writes:

<< Firstly, the students who most need the benefits of education
 (however unfree) don't go to democratic schools, because they can't AFFORD
 THEM. >>

I've had some experience with this. I've had exchanges with students who's
creative talents have been discouraged. I ask them, "What are you doing
here"? You belong in a place where your creativity can flourish. The
students then go to their parents with the Fairhaven brochure and come back
to me either saying, "They think it's weird," or "No way can they afford
this."
Kathleen