The Highland School (highland@ruralnet.org)
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:19:08 -0500

I realize that there are social issues around the history and future of
public schooling much too complex to resolve here; however, we have been
involved with a democratic school for over 19 years where the cash tuition
was $15 per month. (The actual tuition was $60 per month and $45 could be
worked off.) The majority of our students were under the poverty line. I
believe Albany Free School is also has a variety of income levels. I just
don't buy the money argument. Candy Landvoigt

> From: Ben B. Day <bday@cs.umb.edu>
> To: discuss-sudbury-model@aramis.sudval.org
> Subject: Re: DSM: public school prisons (sharing the SVS model, etc.)
> Date: Thursday, November 09, 2000 3:13 PM
>
> Oh, come now people, these are all very poor responses to a reasonable
> question. Firstly, the students who most need the benefits of education
> (however unfree) don't go to democratic schools, because they can't
AFFORD