Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:25:47 EST

In a message dated 11/9/00 10:23:51 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Evfocus@aol.com writes:

<< I would hope that public school teachers do read some of the Sudbury books
 and then can determine for themselves whether there is a way to incorporate
 the philosphy in thier classes.

 I would like one day to be able to say my daughter goes to a Sudbury School
 and not be have to explain what that is. >>

We do. You'd be surprised to know that are many of us who despise the
structure of the system. I implement the model in my classrooms. I take
attendance. After that, I have the curriculum of my subject, and I have a
couch. If they ask my permission to go to the restroom it really ticks me
off. They don't aske me anymore. I take the flak for it and try to imagine
how much I don't care.
Kathleen