Re: DSM: (Almost) errorless measurement

Kathleen Stilwell (kastilwell@yahoo.com)
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:01:48 -0800 (PST)

>From my study of the Sudbury model it seems that
mandatory testing of any child could not be a part of
the Sudbury model.
No matter how clever a test is designed to be, unless
a child were to choose the test for self-evaluation it
would have no value at all.
Within the education system tests are used to label,
categorize, and sometimes to guide and to mold a
child's future. Unless a child asks for such
labelling, categorizing, guiding and molding (and I've
never met a child who would), then our education
system is assuming a power it has no right to.
Kathleen Stilwell, Las Vegas, NV