DSM: (Almost) errorless measurement

Arie Dirkzwager (aried@xs4all.nl)
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:56:43 +0000

With Multiple Evaluation we have a testing method with much less
measurement error than the traditional Multiple Choice as guessing and
gambling is really eliminated (not just "corrected for"). See
http://www.xs4all.nl/~aried/MSMTERR.htm for a short article on this. The
method is based on eliciting personal probabilities instead of "pock one".
It should be used widely as a replacement of Multiple Choice. For more see
my web site and the links it gives. I'd appreciate any comments.

Arie Dirkzwager

BetterSystems,
Prof.Dr.A.Dirkzwager,
Educational Instrumentation Technology,
Computers in Education.
Huizerweg 62,
1402 AE Bussum,
The Netherlands.
voice: x31-35-6981676
E-mail: mailto:aried@xs4all.nl
web site featuring educational testing methods:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~aried/home.htm
When reading the works of an important thinker, look first for the
apparent absurdities in the text and ask yourself how a sensible person
could have written them." T. S. Kuhn, The Essential Tension (1977).
Accept that some days you are the statue, and some days you are the bird.