Re: DSM: Sharing the SVS model

Julianne Madrid (huli_madrid@yahoo.com)
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 09:32:52 -0800 (PST)

--- John Axtell <newlife@theofficenet.com> wrote:
> Julianne,
>
> I have a question. If you were given a free hand in
> your public middle school what outcomes might
> result if the SVM was implemented?
>
> John Axtell

John,

That's a good question and is a very good place to
start. I'm not sure exactly how it would look, but I
can imagine what wouldn't be there. There wouldn't be
adults belittling young people. Teachers would be
authentic with other teachers and with their students.
 Kids would have a real say in how the school is run.
Kids wouldn't shirk their studies because they would
choose them freely. It's a good thing to articulate.
Thanks.

=====
Julianne Madrid :)
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." --Mahatma Gandhi