Re: DSM: We like minded people

Sat, 04 Nov 2000 21:29:00 -0800

Bill,
I get a strong sense of great power behind what you say. Yes, I so admire
the speaking ability of Sudbury students, such ease of sincerity. To trust
and stand back -- I have to let that sink in. The aloof nature of my
parent's relationship with me perhaps does not aford comparison with what
may be happening at Sudbury. I don't understand how youth can role model the
advantages (the development) that youth seek for. And maybe there is
something inherent in youth that does not need a model to develop, just lack
of opression. I hope to understand better.

One thing I do claim from my experience - being around children who still
appreciate authenticity, they become animated with joy and interact with me
with such enthusiasm seemingly just because I am honored to be in their
presence and willing to play. Not Einstein, I think it is Peter Pan who
comes forth. It is such a delight for me to be with children role modeling
joy of living. They are my mentors.

robert