Re: DSM: data improves school

Rick Stansberger (rickstan@zianet.com)
Sat, 04 Nov 2000 00:40:00 -0700

Robert,

You and I see sudschools very differently.

> There is no cure while intellect is central. First it must be suffocated of
> its control, as Sudbury so wonderfully provides a space for.

I see sudbury schools as providing places for the intellect to flourish, leading the
students wherever it wishes. The factory schools I've taught in stifle intellect,
not sudschools. Where's your evidence that they suffocate intellect?

Rick

--
Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

"The Unknown Citizen: (To JS/07/M/37 This Marble Monument Is Erected by the State)"

W. H. Auden