Re: DSM: Re: SR+ or Find like-minded people

Rick Stansberger (rickstan@zianet.com)
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:41:36 -0700

Robert, how was asking you to get an A in the behavior management course a form
of behavior management? Seems to me that s-r psychology is reactive rather than
pro-active, rewarding or punishing certain behaviors. It seems that you might
be describing a conceptual re-frame more than a simple change in behavior. One
can change behavior without changing attitudes.

This is an interesting discussion, and I have more to say, but I want to focus
on your behavior mod course and how you believe that changed your attitude
toward behaviorism.

Rick

--
Was he free? Was he happy? The question is absurd:
Had anything been wrong, we should certainly have heard.

"The Unknown Citizen: (To JS/07/M/37 This Marble Monument Is Erected by the State)" W. H. Auden