DSM: Some Sudbury questions

Julianne Madrid (huli_madrid@yahoo.com)
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:58:53 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering if someone could tell me about the
graduation process. I read that a student that feels
he/she is ready to graduate must write a thesis about
why he/she is ready to be a part of the community. Is
that correct? I love that idea because it really fits
well with the theme of personal responsibility. Are
there students turned down by the school? Do they
then have to re-petition for a diploma? What are
people's expectations for the individual? Does
knowing basic arithmetic, for example, become one of
the things that would prepare a person for the world
we live in? How does the school make their decision?

=====
Julianne Madrid :)
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." --Mahatma Gandhi