DSM: RE: staff members before the JC

Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 13:01:38 -0400

> Do staff members more carefully observe the laws?

Yes.

> Or do some of them unconsciously think that the rules apply only to
students?

The only context in which I've seen that is when temporarily getting around
minor rules is justified for the safety or operation of the school (but
that's not staff-specific, just that responsibility for safety and operation
issues is usually given to the staff by SM). In day-to-day operations,
though, I've not seen that.

> Is it a normal thing that a staff member brings up another staff member?

It's normal but does not happen very often.

> Are staff member usually brought up for similar or rather different
accusations than students are
> brought up for? What are they about? What kind of penalties does the JC
have in its repertory at all?

Similar, but staff have been censured for not doing their job, which is
different than how a student would be treated. As far as penalties, it's
harder to penalize Staff (i.e. suspending them is a "day off" for them, and
short-hands the school), so whatever JC figures out and has the creativity
to implement is in their repertoire.

Joe from Fairhaven
please note my new email address:
shoeless@jazztbone.com