Re: DSM: staff members before the JC

Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:45:06 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/00 8:52:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
martin.wilke@gmx.net writes:

> Or do some of them
> unconsciously think that the rules apply only to students?

Good question! I think the key word here is "unconsciously". But from what
I've seen, it's not always the staff members who think the rules may not
apply to them. It's the students' experience with adults outside (and
sometimes inside) the Sudbury model that tend to unconsciously think that the
rules apply only to the students. I've heard comments like, "I can't write
him up, he's staff." But I've seen staff members written up by students and
staff alike for different infringements. It's something to think about,
that's for sure.
Kathleen