RE: DSM: Anyone have tips for someone who wants to start a Sudbury school?

Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 19:36:53 -0400

Maddie - Can't you apply for approval as a Tennessee private school through
the Commissioner of Education?

I'm sure you've done the legal research, but check out
http://www.ed.gov/pubs/RegPrivSchl/tennesse.html.

Cindy K,

You might want to read some more of the books (although Mimsy's book is very
good). Also SVS sells a school startup kit, and if you plan to buy very
many of the publications you will save money in the long run by dropping the
$400 to get the planning kit. It has everything you need except for the
thousands of hours of blood, sweat and tears.

You might consider contacting Helen Hughes at Windsor House School in
Vancouver for advice on Canadian operation.

mailto:hhughes@direct.ca
http://whs.at.org/

To both of you, good luck! If you have questions post them here and we'll
try to help.

-Joe Jackson
please note my new email address:
shoeless@jazztbone.com