Re: DSM: Tuition, curricula, et al

Kristin Harkness (kristin@harkness.net)
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 12:00:12 -0400

Stephen,

Sudbury Valley's tuition for the first child in a family this year is
$4,400. As to convincing your mother, I think first you should satisfy
yourself that SVS is the right place for _you_. From your questions, it
appears that you have just begun to look into this educational model. Read
the web site. Read some of the books (many local MA libraries have some of
the SVS books). I personally think that either "Free at Last" or "The
Sudbury Valley School Experience" provides a good introduction to the
school. The heart of the SVS philosophy is that it is your responsibility
to figure out what you want to know and how to learn it -- go for it, and
good luck.

Kristin Harkness (an SVS parent)