DSM: Hello

kristen@twinoaks.org
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:01:30 -0400

Hello, I've been lurking for a few days, and felt it was time to
introduce myself. My name is Kristen Dakota, I'm 36, with a
husband and two boys ages 4 and 7. We live in an intentional
community called Twin Oaks, and have been homeschooling in the
unschooling mode. Twin Oaks has had a school off an on in its 33
years of existance, and for the past 10 years, it hasn't. There's a
handful of us that want to make that different, and would like to
start a Sudbury school here. So that's why I joined this list. I'm
pretty familiar with child-led learning, and have read a lot of
homeschooling literature, and feel comfortable homeschooling, but
in our crazy, idealistic, gotta-change-the-world way ;) we want to
reach out to more families. Twin Oaks is run on a planner-manager
system, which isn't entirely democratic, if you want to know more,
there's a web-site, www.twinoaks.org
So that's where I'm at!
Love, Kristen