Re: DSM: authorities' approval for Sudbury Schools

Avenfeliz1@aol.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:53:48 EDT

Stephen,

Not all Sudbury Schools are created equal. The school is only as good as the
people running it. If the model isn't adhered to, then the control can
belong to a small "junta". I've learned this by experience. My son had an
experience from hell there, because the very small group running it had
absolutely no idea what the model really means. In a Sudbury school, the
model, which is based on respect, is everything.The best I've found are:
Sudbury School, Framingham, MA, the school in Hampton, CT. Be wary of the
newer schools. The culture takes time to develop.
Good luck.
Charlotte