DSM: RE: SVS and conservative people

Joseph Moore (joseph@ivorycc.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:34:18 -0700

Martin, I don't know what you mean by "conservative" here.

People who would like to see the preservation of (and, where lost, a return
to) the values and goals expressed by the writers of the US Constitution are
generally called 'conservatives' here in the US, but would be strongly in
favor of more personal responsibility and freedom.

Republicans and Democrats in this country are philosophically about 1/2"
apart - it's just a matter of HOW they wish the government to use its
essentially unlimited power that is the issue.

Anyway, because of the miasma surrounding 'liberal' and 'conservative', I
just don't find the terms very useful. Maybe you could be more specific?