Re: DSM: SVS and conservative people

David Hazen (davidhazen@yahoo.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:11:06 -0700 (PDT)

It's interesting, but one of the most radical
educators I know is John Taylor Gatto, who wrote,
Dumbing us Down:the Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory
Schooling. Gatto is a member of the New York
Conservative Party. He wants government influence out
of public education!
--- Martin Wilke <martin.wilke@gmx.net> wrote:
> To bring some life back again to DSM:
>
> Most people would suppose that Sudbury Schools are
> chosen only by
> politically leftist people. But as one finds in
> several SVS
> publications, there is a broad spectrum of political
> views among
> students, their parents and staff.
> What I wonder, is what makes the school attractive
> to conservative and
> unpolitical people?
> Isnít that much personal freedom frightening to
> conservative people?
>
> Martin Wilke

=====
Love and Peace,

David

"A school should not be preparation for life. A school should be life." -Elbert Hubbard