Re: DSM: [SVS Discussion Board] Re:

Mike Sadofsky (sadofsky@mediaone.net)
Thu, 18 May 2000 09:45:05 -0400

Guess that I should drop my 'two cents' worth here as well,
since I believe it was my personal lobbying that caused the
auto forwarding to be implemented.
>From my earlier observation, the SVS web-based board was
(and still is) not heavily used. Occasionally, someone with
a relevant observation or interest in understanding the
school or in obtaining further information will post there,
but such inquiries are not well served in that forum (due to
the observed lack of use by those with the ability and
interest to inform). So I thought we could forward those
messages to DSM and generate appropriate dialogue here.
The personal chats of students, former students and others
that don't relate to the DSM topic are not of interest to me
on any regular basis; but I do want discussions of the model
and practical queries to reach an audience that will reply.
Maybe there is a better way to do it. The posted alert on
the web-based board indicates that it exists for casual
conversation and does refer readers to DSM, but people don't
always read or appropriately interpret this sort of
guidance.
Incidentally, since it's inception there have only been 133
messages posted there. And the personal chat that does get
forwarded is easily deleted on my mail reader.
Mike